Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lentil Soup

Sorry that I haven't blogged in a couple days I've been busy with family.
I made Lentil soup today. This soup is really good! Enjoy!

1 lb bag of lentils
First take your bag of lentils and sift through them to check for any rocks or odd colored lentils.

Sifting the beans
Next add the bouillon cubes and the water and cover. Let boil for a few minutes and then check. You may need to add more water to the pot.

This was before I let it boil with only 2c water. There was not enough water. Start with 3c water and then adjust according to your taste.
Add the celery (optional) and the onion and garlic once you let it boil for a little while.

Add the bay leaves. I use 4-5. They are my favorite seasoning. Let it boil until most of the water is soaked up and the beans are soft. about 30-45 mins.

My delicious lentil soup. It reduced a lot from the beginning. Taste the soup and add salt and pepper if necessary. Serve on pasta with 1 tbsp butter and 1 oz parmesan cheese.
This soup is so good on a cold night.

Ingredients:

1lb Lentils
3 chicken bouillon cubes
3c water (or more as needed)
4-5 Bayleaves
1tbs basil
1tbs oregano
1tbs garlic powder
1tbs onion powder
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 stalk celery chopped (optional)
1 onion diced
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment