Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The BEST Apple Butter You WIll Ever Have!!

I enjoy trying new recipes and also making things with fresh and local ingredients. I made apple butter and it was gone in the next 2 days. I bought a 1/2 bushel of seconds apples and peeled and cut and cooked them until they turned into DELICIOUS apple butter. I use this recipe. She is simply the best! :)

The thing in the middle is an awesome corer!
First get your dutch oven or crock pot out and gather your tools. I used a corer, knife, peeler and a cutting board.  

 If you start peeling horizontally it works better and you can get more peel off of the apple.
Peel a bunch at a time, it goes faster.
Core the apples.
Punch out the core

Coreless apple ready to cut.
I then cut the apples in half and then chopped them into small sections.

Add spices and let simmer on low or warm for a LONG time!

Finished apple butter
I then canned the apple butter to give away to family, friends and coworkers. I ended up with 36 half pint jars. If you have any questions about he process of the apple butter or canning you can email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment