Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Diet?

In the last post, I talked a little bit about doing the Paleo diet. Let me tell you a little bit about where this idea is coming from. My husband has been the same weight for a couple of years. He has been very frustrated because no matter what he did he never fluctuated more than 2-3 lbs. I have been gaining weight since I graduated high school in 2008. About 1 month ago my husband did a detox for 10 days. He lost about 10lbs. Since then we decided to change our eating habits. We are moving towards a paleo type diet. We are limiting the number of starchy foods and fast foods we eat. We also eat vegetables with EVERY dinner and lunch. I have tried to limit our sweets intake and we have limited the amount of hot tea we drink. So far since starting this lifestyle change, my husband has lost a total of 15 lbs and I have lost 11(not including baby weight). My husband doesn't really enjoy wheat flour so for now we have just limited our white flour intake. I am hoping that we can continue with this lifestyle and NEVER go back to our old ways. I would like to see our kids really enjoy fruits and vegetables more than sweets.

Do you have any suggestions for our family? How about favorite recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment