Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Change

Wow! A lot has changed since I last posted on here. In the year and a half since my last post, we have bought a foreclosure and renovated it to be liveable, I have lost all of my baby weight plus some and there have been some fantastic spiritual changes in my life as well.

First off, if you're reading this and wondering whether we decided to go with the paleo lifestyle, I am happy to report that we did not. However, we have changed our eating habits to include a real food diet based on the Weston A Price Foundation studies. We aren't anywhere near where I'd like our family to be but, to be successful, you have to take baby steps and we are for sure doing that!

As far as the spiritual changes I mentioned above, I have begun reading my Bible everyday and being faithful with that. I also have been praying on a daily basis. That is a huge accomplishment for me because a year ago, I was rarely reading and only praying when I needed something. God has brought some amazing people in my life to learn from and be blessed by. He has been teaching me some amazing things about motherhood and choosing friends wisely.

Our house is an entire post/topic in itself. Short story, God certainly showed up and blessed us more than we could've ever imagined. Before we bought the house, it was a occupied by reckless teenagers who never took care of it. We patched 18 fist size holes and puttied MANY knife holes (knife throwing contests surrounding a stick figure). Thinking on it, our house reminds me of our lives before Christ and what Christ can do with our lives once we start living for Him. Our lives could be a complete disaster and He looks at us with love and sees us for our real beauty and potential. He sees our future and the awesome ending He has in store for us and longs for us to come to Him and surrender all to Him.

I will post more on these individual topics one day but for now, I felt God calling me to revive this blog, AGAIN. But this time, all for His glory and not for my own gain.

To Him be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment