Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Baby, Life and Changes Part 2

So part 1 I talked all about our newest member of the family. Part 2 is about what happens next.

When my husband and I got married, we decided that I would be a stay at home mom. So I definitely looked forward to the day I would become pregnant. Well that day came and I was so excited to tell my employer that I would no longer be working for them. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my job and my co-workers but, I had been looking forward to being a mom since I was a little girl. So we decided on a date for my last day and I thought I would be a lot more sad than I actually was. I had a little over a month to prepare for the baby and man did I have a lot to do! (Don't wait until your 9th month to start working on the nursery.) For the last month of my pregnancy I mostly slept and ate and ate some more... :) Then our boy was born and I had something to do during the day. It is so wonderful. I cleaned a lot before he was born and got organized and I am slowly getting back into that (2 months later). I was not prepared for how hard the sleepless nights were/are. (I really enjoy my sleep.) We are blessed with a really good baby. He is just learning to talk and laugh and, despite what the doctor says, I believe he is teething at 9 weeks. We started cloth diapering at 1 month old and I really enjoy it. We are also using cloth wipes part time. I am trying to use more natural products rather than ones filled with all kinds of chemicals. So far, 2 months into it, I am REALLY enjoying being a stay at home mom. Don't get me wrong, I have some days where I want to pull my hair out, but most of the time it is truly wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment